Sunday 15 June 2014

Inner Excavation

Hey everyone

Since my last post things have become much clearer. It seems as I go along this path the twists and turns become more apparent and I feel as if I know where I am headed regarding my career. 

This is hugely freeing. 

It has made more room for my other passions. 

For mother's day I received the amazing book called "Inner Excavation - Explore Your Self Through Photography, Poetry and Mixed Media" by Liz Lamoreux

I feel like this book was written for me! 



I have been working through the sections for about three weeks and already it is proving so rewarding and insightful. It truly feels as if I am delving deep and chipping carefully away and the layers to gain a better picture of myself. 
Inside cover



First section



Collage from my own photography stash



Today, I was working on the poetry section and using the idea of collecting words and phrases for a "Word Tool Box" (love that) I wrote this:

Beyond miraculous.
How the smoke on the water
makes peace and euphoria.
It is a test of both worlds.
Everything is illuminated.
Where are you?
Dream catching?
Mischief pretends punishment.
One longful day leaves us
thirsty for the night.

I dedicate this poem to a dear friend who is in need of a little extra love and joy right now.

Writing in this way - spontaneous and with the aid of a treasure trove of delicious words - is new to me and I am so excited.

Happy arting everyone!








2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful gift to receive, Elvina! I can tell you are so enjoying this exploration. Beautiful, heartfelt poetry, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks, Kay! Sorry for delay in replying :).

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave positive comments and thoughts.