Friday 29 March 2013

May the Art Fest Begin...

After a period of great work stress, I'm on a break now. I work with young children, term time only and so here in the UK it's the Easter holidays. I'm up for two weeks of family time, arting and hopefully gardening, oh yeah, and an assignment to write (I'm a mature student, more of that later).

So, this morning I started decorating the cover of a handmade journal from my good friend HK (see post "Random Art of Kindness"), we have done a journal exchange and I've been busy personalising the outside of mine. I love it, I love the whole journal as it was made especially for me by someone I care about.

This is why I want to make art journals to sell, so that people can buy them knowing they have been made with love, care and with the intention of being a means of self-expression. With an art journal, the possibilities are endless, there are no rules and it's all about the pure joy of creation. For me, art is also about unravelling your true self, seeing your mind, emotions, fears, thoughts, desires, hopes, dreams and everything else that makes up you being laid out. You get to play with that, explore it, express it and share it if you so choose. Many people do, that's one of the beautiful things about the art journaling/mixed media community, we choose to share it all because, for many, to be an artist is to be in touch with the self and not be afraid by what is revealed.

So, quite something for what appears to be a place to doodle and make a mess  ;)

Happy arting everyone.




3 comments:

  1. beautiful post, and beautiful journals... ART means the same thing to me. I'm grateful for all the other artists out there who willingly share their work - and sometimes their soul. :-) Happy weekend! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks Like I'm a little late (but is it ever to late to say "Wow!"???). This is so fun and looks like you put your break to good use. I love love love what you said about unravelling your true self! So true!

    ;-> Felicia
    There are no rules!
    http://feliciathejournaljunkie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Felicia, just seen your comment! Thanks so much for the "Wow" lol! That is my first "Wow" and I shall remember it always! xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave positive comments and thoughts.